This Solar Angles and Tracking Systems lesson plan also includes:
The sun will continue to rise in the east and set in the west, no matter what. The first lesson in a series of eight introduces the class to solar angles. It makes connections between a person's latitude and the angle of position of the sun. Pupils learn that a photovoltaic panel's efficiency is improved if the panel is capable of tracking the sun.
- Determine the angle of the position of the sun at your location on the equinox, summer solstice, and winter solstice
- Have the pupils draw the summer angle diagram and label the angles with the correct terminology
- The handout contains the same information that is in the lesson background and concepts for teachers
- The resource contains lesson extension activities
- Includes a vocabulary list pertinent to the lesson