This Solar Power video also includes:
One day's worth of sunlight can supply everyone on Earth with electricity for a year! Why, then, do we find ourselves in an energy crisis? Shine a light on solar energy with a short lesson and video. As part of a larger energy unit from NOVA, the video demonstrates how the power of the sun is converted to electrical energy.
- Add the resource to an alternative energy sources lesson
- Have the class draw a flow chart that shows how a photovoltaic cell works as the video explains it
- Pupils should understand elements and electrons to understand part of the resource
- The video has great animations that show how solar energy is converted into electrical energy
- Content makes a good launching point for a solar energy engineering challenge