This Solar System Project activity & project also includes:
Finish or launch your unit on the solar system with a jigsaw project covering major celestial concepts such as the Milky Way Galaxy, asteroids, meteors, comets, Earth's moon, and, of course, all the planets. Learners start by writing down their top three choices and are able to choose in random order the next day. They create a visual display on their topic that includes relevant facts.
- Hold a gallery walk or presentation day once these are completed to celebrate the work and share information
- Have other students jot down one interesting fact per display
- There is no mention of citing sources here- consider adding this or limiting research options (i.e. just the textbook)
- Pluto is included in the concept options
- The rubric is included and can easily be cut out to create two rubrics per page with space for comments
- There is space for extra credit on the rubric, but no information about that on the project outline