Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Metal slinkies, coils of wire, magnetic fields, and MRIs. To determine the safety hazards of MRI machines, class members use the provided formula to calculate the magnetic field along the axis of the solenoid.
8 Views 3 Downloads
- Vary the number of coils in examples to demonstrate the difference that the number of coils makes
- Have the class research the MRI machine to see how the magnetic field is created and the number of coils
- The class should already be familiar with Biot-Savart Law
- The eighth in a 14-part unit
- The example shows the formula with values substituted
- The lesson plan has an associated activity
- The plan does not clearly denote an instructional method