This Solve for Unknown Angles—Transversals lesson plan also includes:
Lead your class on an exciting journey through the world of math as they review geometry facts and solve for unknown angles. They learn how to use auxiliary lines and congruent angles to correctly complete each practice problem presented, and conclude by completing an assessment to ensure understanding of the concepts presented.
- Allow peers to work in groups and have timed competitions to solve problems, with a small prize as the end result
- Assumes understanding of parallel lines in relation to transversals and corresponding angles prior to beginning activity
- Learners with special needs or those who do not have a full understanding of the material may need extra assistance throughout the duration of this activity
- The seventh lesson in a 36-part series
- Multiple practice problems offer the opportunity to gain understanding before assessment problems are presented
- Incorporation of answer key in this lesson allows educators to present each idea to the class and thoroughly explain steps taken to arrive at conclusion