What does solving an inequality have in common with solving an equation? Almost everything! A math resource focuses on the one exception. The examples lead learners through the steps of solving an equality when multiplying or dividing by a negative number is necessary.
- Model solving an inequality by showing the parallels to solving an equation, and justify each step with a property
- Use the practice problems as board work to easily check for misconceptions
- Assumes proficiency with solving equations
- The 10th lesson in a series of 20
- Provides problems for independent practice with solving inequalities
- The objective of the lesson is to solve simple inequalities, but the application example uses a compound inequality