This Solving Linear Equations in Two Variables lesson plan also includes:
Solving problems about pen and paper with systems of equations ... or is it the other way around? In the lesson plan, learners first interpret expressions and use equations in two variables to solve problems about notebooks and pens. They then solve a real-world problem using systems of equations.
- Use the lesson as a formative assessment instrument
- Learners need to be able to solve problems involving equations in two variables
- Pupils also need to be able to solve systems of equations in multiple ways
- Includes printable worksheets
- Teacher resource includes questions to guide discussion