Reviewing material and learning new concepts can exist together. Learners watch as the video shows how to solve four equations containing decimals. Each one-step equation involves a different operation. Because each equation's solution path only contains one operation with variables, the video also serves as a review of decimal operations.
- Provide opportunities for individuals to practice solving equations containing a variety of number types
- Requires individuals to be comfortable with operating with decimals
- Assumes basic knowledge of solving one-step equations
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses colors to highlight the decimal arithmetic
- After arriving at a solution, the video confirms the solution by substitution