Deal with an equation that is not all whole. Pupils watch as the short video shows solving two one-step equations containing decimals. One equation involves addition and the other subtraction. As with whole numbers, the decimal equations use inverse operations in the solution process.
- When providing practice problems for solving equations, be sure to always include decimals to keep the class in practice of working with decimals
- Requires individuals to be comfortable with adding and subtracting decimals
- Assumes knowledge of solving one-step equations
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses colors to highlight steps involving properties of equality
- Confirms solutions by substituting back into the original equation