This Solving Problems with Circles and Triangles lesson plan also includes:
After completing a task involving examining the ratio of areas of triangles and circles in a given figure, scholars examine sample responses to identify other strategies they could use to solve the problem.
12 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Use as a formative assessment instrument for a unit on geometry
- Learners need to be cognizant of special right triangles, especially 30°-60°-90° triangles
- Pupils also should understand ratio and proportional reasoning as applied to similarity
- Requires pupils to think critically and examine alternative strategies
- Resource includes an answer key