Polynomials are full of solutions! Learners understand that the degree determines the number of solutions. Examples show quadratic equations solved by factoring and by using the quadratic formula. A cubic equation is even mixed in for comparison.
- Provide a graphic organizer to your classes to record different examples and specific methods of solving
- Resources provides a large amount of content; use additional problems as extra practice examples
- The 16th in a series of 20 lessons
- Gives examples of incorrect methods of solving leading to incomplete answers
- Missing context that would add meaning to the solutions and improve pupil understanding