This Solving the Storage Problem video also includes:
Clean, renewable energy is there for the taking ... how do we save it until we need it? A short video, part of an energy unit from NOVA, discusses the challenges of creating and storing electrical energy efficiently. The narrator explains peak use times, power plant stand-by, and plans for the future.
- Ask pupils to keep an energy use journal for a week to take a closer look at their consumption
- What would giant electrical storage batteries look like? Have the class propose a design that is both functional and attractive
- Use tips from the teacher's guide to help preface the video
- Vintage video footage illustrates to students how long electricity has been a major part of day-to-day life
- Discussion questions provide opportunities for further research