Kermit would really enjoy this prompt. Young writers select something green, describe it, identify where it is found and how it is used, and then illustrate their something.
9 Views 4 Downloads
- Show the YouTube video of Kermit, the Frog, singing his song "It's Not Easy Being Green"
- Have class members create a green world mural and post kids writings and illustrations on this wall
- The second in a series of seven writing prompts
- Consider conducting a whole-class brainstorming session making a list of green things before having kids write
- The exercise encourages young writers to add details to their writings