This Sor Juana, la poetisa: Los sonetos lesson plan also includes:
- Sor Juana, the Poet: The Sonnets (English Version)
- Deconstruyendo un soneto: “En perseguirme, Mundo, ¿qué interesas?"
- Deconstruyendo un Soneto: "A su retrato"
- General Glossary
- Glosario poetico los quiasmos
- Soneto: "A su retrato"
- Soneto: "En perseguirme, Mundo, ¿qué interesas?"
- Soneto: " Mientras por competir por tu cabello"
- Timeline Worksheet
- Sor Juana Sonnet Unscrambler
- What Is Sor Juana Wearing?
- Join to access all included materials
Examine two of Sor Juana's sonnets in depth. Learners first listen to an audio recording or a reading of the sonnets and then analyze the structure and form, paying attention to elements of the Baroque and el gongorismo. Assess student work with a portfolio of completed work and an analysis essay that focuses on one of the poems.
- There is a Spanish and English version of the lesson; the poems and most of the materials are in Spanish
- Appropriate both for an advanced Spanish class and a native speaker Spanish class
- Provides most of the materials necessary to teach the lesson, including online interactive activities
- A nicely detailed plan with guiding questions, objectives, teacher prep instructions, activities, assessments, and extension ideas
- Two of the worksheet links on the site do not work: both of the worksheets titled with Escucha la musica
- The plan suggests a specific site for listening to musical versions of the poems; the sonnet "En su retrato" is no longer on the site, but could be found elsewhere or simply read aloud
- The writing prompt for the assessment portion of the lesson could be more detailed