This Sorting Seashells interactive also includes:
Scientists use morphological, physiological, and molecular information to continually revise organism classification. Scholars observe and learn about 20 shells. Then, they work to sort and classify the shells, building a taxonomy based on common traits.
- Remind students to consider more than just appearance when attempting to classify seashells
- Add the diagram of the current taxonomy to science journals
- Relies on prior knowledge of taxonomy and biodiversity
- Provides a video offering more detail about each group of shells once properly classified
- When submitting an incorrect answer, learners are offered an explanation and another chance to correct their response