Beautiful music doesn't just write itself, but if you ever feel bad about procrastinating, remember that Mozart wrote the overture to Don Giovanni the morning it premiered. Introduce young scientists to the elements of sound including longitudinal waves, pressure graphs, the speed of sound, frequency, pitch, sonar, echolocation, Doppler effect, intensity, decibels, and more.
- Use a model of an ear to show the parts; Famemaster makes a nice one that you can take pieces out of and place back to show the delicacy of the parts
- Bring in a hearing specialist to discuss hearing aids and other devices
- Requires advanced math knowledge
- Presentation is the 11th in a 17-part series
- Highlights vocabulary throughout
- Complete presentation, so it does not require outside text
- Not all links work