What makes sound possible? Answer this question while viewing the 18th lesson of a complete Crash Course physics series. After discussing waves in previous lessons, the narrator applies those characteristics to sound waves and their motions. Scholars also get a brief look at the Doppler Effect.
- Flip the classroom and assign the video as homework; use class time for practice
- Follow the video with a lab investigation comparing the sound waves of different pitches
- Requires a proficiency with the characteristics of waves
- Includes subtitles in multiple languages, which is beneficial to ELLs
- Visuals and animations add clarity to the complex topics