This Sound Waves lesson plan also includes:
How does sound travel through different mediums? Scholars explore this question by creating and observing sound waves as they learn the difference between transverse and longitudinal wave motion. Using their new knowledge, class members create musical instruments.
- Use as an introduction to transverse and longitudinal waves
- Challenge pupils to create instruments to mimic different musical combinations
- Allow time to collect and prepare materials
- Provides ideas for extension activities
- Includes a student handout with step-by-step instructions