This Sound Waves lesson plan also includes:
How does sound travel through different mediums? Scholars explore this question by creating and observing sound waves as they learn the difference between transverse and longitudinal wave motion. Using their new knowledge, class members create musical instruments.
- Use as an introduction to transverse and longitudinal waves
- Challenge pupils to create instruments to mimic different musical combinations
- Allow time to collect and prepare materials
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides ideas for extension activities
- Includes a student handout with step-by-step instructions