This Sounds of the Rainforest activity & project also includes:
Do you hear what I hear? Encourage scholars to use their listening skills and participate in a series of activities that demonstrate how the sense of hearing is crucial to the human and animal world. Activities guide learners on nature walk to record what they discover, explore American Sign Language, write an informative book about a rainforest animal, design a corresponding mask, make a rainforest instrument, and write a poem as a class.
- Schedule time in the computer lab, library, or on mobile learning devices to research information about rainforest animals
- Direct learners to take their interactive science notebook, or clipboards with paper, with them on their listening walk to easily record what they hear
- This lesson is the third of six from the Rainforest Alliance early childhood activities
- The plan is written clearly and in detail
- The lesson incorporates a variety of learning styles to enhance pupil engagement
- The link to research howler monkeys no longer works