This Sources of Discord, 1945-1946 lesson plan also includes:
From Allies to enemies within a year. Scholars research the falling out between the United States and the Soviet Union from 1945-1946 in the first lesson of a three-part series. Using primary source materials, group work, and interactive mapping, class members begin to unravel the roots of conflict. A final written essay allows for open interpretation of the Sources of Discord.
- Preview the lesson with a video clip on the origins of the Cold War
- Divide the class into two equal groups to conduct the lesson
- Requires online access if assigning the work outside of class
- Provides links to primary source documents and articles
- Includes printable worksheets and materials for classroom use