This Space-Based Astronomy on the Internet activity & project also includes:
Young scientists compile everything they have learned into a report in the fifth and final lesson in a unit on the visible light spectrum. Access to photos from observatories, telescopes, and satellites allows learners to compare and analyze information.
- Have each class member offer three ideas they would like to research; assign topics so no one is covering the same concept
- Create a grading rubric to give scholars before they start writing
- If pupils are to work on this during class, make sure each has access to the Internet
- Serves as the summative assessment for the unit
- Web resources are high quality, scientific research pages
- Lesson does not include a grading rubric