Take a trip into outer space from the safety of your classroom. A great addition to the digital library of any science teacher, this reference offers a behind-the-scenes look at the research going at the International Space Station.
After launching the app, users can pick from the five categories below, each offering a wealth of information relating to the International Space Station including pictures, videos, scientific publications, and news articles.
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Earth and Space Science
- Education Activities and Outreach
- Human Research
- Physical Science
- Technology Development and Demonstration
- 3-D views taken from inside the Columbus, Kibo, and Destiny facilities
- Descriptions of the different instrumentation located inside each facility
- Human Health
- Earth Benefits
- Global Education
- Gravity Ball Game
- 15 podcasts
- 7 Videos
- Access to 7 additional digital resources relating to space exploration
A fun game, interesting photos and videos are included, but the written content is very technical.
How techie do I need to be?
- Offer this resource to students during a research project on the history of space exploration
- Allow kids to explore this app with a partner as a science learning center
- If projection technology is available, use this resource to supplement whole-group instruction during an astronomy lesson
- Create a scavenger hunt worksheet with facts and other information that students need to find in this resource
- The videos in this app are located on Youtube, to which your school's content filters may or may not allow access
- App includes technical descriptions of science experiments and equipment that are most appropriate for high school students
- Provides information about 41 different expeditions to the International Space station
- Includes a large collection of engaging videos and images taken from outer space
- Intuitive navigation buttons and a help feature make it easy to find information within the app
- Offers information about experiments relating to all scientific fields