This Special Right Triangle 45-45-90: Lesson video also includes:
Square roots connect squares and right triangles. Using the Pythagorean Theorem, the video shows the relationship between the sides and hypotenuse of a 45-45 right triangle. The portion of a larger geometry playlist applies the relationship to find the lengths associated with a square.
- Lead a discussion on whether a length of an isosceles right triangle will be a multiple of the square root of two
- Create a graphic organizer on how to find the sides given the hypotenuse or the hypotenuse given the sides
- Assumes individuals are comfortable working with radicals
- Links to more resources dealing with 45-45 right triangles
- Shows the arithmetic to solve the examples