This Special Right Triangles and Right Triangle Trigonometry lesson plan also includes:
Right triangles are so special! Use special right triangles to discover the trigonometric ratios. Pairs construct special right triangles and find the values of the ratios of the sides. In the process, they discover the ratios stay the same based on the angle size. Individuals learn the definitions of the trigonometry ratios based on their investigations.
- For the special right triangles, calculate the ratios using exact values
- Compare calculated trigonometric values with the values found in a trigonometry table
- The class should be well versed with the Pythagorean Theorem
- Contains suggestions for differentiation
- Includes extensions activities