This Speciation and Extinction video also includes:
Are we, as some scientists theorize, in the midst of the sixth mass extinction? Scholars explore speciation through adaptive radiation and extinction with a video that uses the three-spines stickleback in Alaska, and its current speciation due to poisoning of the lake as a model.
- Have scholars research the five mass extinctions and present findings to the class
- Video assumes learners know something about phylogenetic trees
- Video repeats some parts of #16 in this series (Speciation)
- Video 17 in a series of 18
- Video provides links to concept map, two review worksheets, and a slideshow that follows the video
- Uses high-quality photographs and videos to supplement the topics discussed