This Speedway! activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Get teams running around the perimeter of a court like a racetrack speedway. One person from each team—the number of teams depends on class size—runs around the "speedway" in the same direction, making it back to their team with a high-five, signaling the next teammate to go. Repeat the game for as many laps and rounds as you want.
- Set safety procedures in place before beginning the game, making sure team members do not run into one another
- Equipment necessary requires six pylons or cones
- Game should be played on a basketball or volleyball court
- Video offers variations of the game to make it more challenging
- Promotes fast-paced cardio fitness