"You can always out run a spider." - Petra Sierwald, associate curator of insects at the Field Museum. Scientists identified more than 45,000 species of spiders, and an enchanting video explains how they identify each species as unique. Learn more about spiders in this Brain Scoop video, which is part of the Insects and Other Invertebrates playlist.
- View photographs of spiders to identify which are adult males using the tips from the video
- Learn more about Dr. Sierwald's research
- Assumes prior knowledge of the difference between insemination versus fertilization
- Addresses the common fear of spiders
- Offers subtitles in English and Spanish