Young scientists use food coloring and celery stalks to determine how water travels through plants.
72 Views 45 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- Science experiment does not have to be presented during the spring season
- Great tool to use with plant and flower studies in science
- Use Blooms Taxonomy—What type of plants can withstand drought and high heat?
- Ask local farmer or supermarket to donate celery stalks for experiment
- Make sure classroom has sufficient sunlight or artificial light for experiment to work
- Divide class into three or four groups using four different food colors to distinguish group experiment if you have limited space or supplies. Make sure students wear gloves and cover your space with paper because food coloring does not easily come off of little hands
- Stimulating approach for little ones to learn science through experiments
- Experiment is listed in four easy-to-follow steps
- This experiment could be used for class science fair project