This Square and Circle assessment also includes:
To determine the dimensional change to quadruple the area, class members determine how to increase the dimensions of a square and a circle to increase the perimeter by a given factor. they then calculate the necessary factor to create increases in the areas of the two figures.
- Develop general ratio relationships between lengths, perimeters, and area
- Have individuals describe how to create the figures rather than just create them
- Provide class with rulers to measure the figures
- Rubric identifies the math big ideas in the assessment
- The side of the square is the same as the diameter of the circle, so scholars only need to compute once