This Square Roots lesson plan also includes:
Investigate the relationship between irrational roots and a number line with a resource that asks learners to put together a number line using radical intervals rather than integers. A great progression, they build on their understanding of estimating square roots from the previous lesson in this series to complete the resource.
- Ask individuals to produce a list of perfect squares to refer to throughout the lesson
- Create a laminated version of the square root number line to hang as a poster for easy reference
- Requires a strong understanding of the Pythagorean Theorem and perfect squares
- Second lesson of 25
- Provides an introductory and concluding activity
- Includes a set of practice problems for independent practice