This Square Roots and Irrational Numbers: Estimating Radicals interactive also includes:
Try out a resource using triangles to estimate radicals. An interactive app allows learners to approximate some irrational numbers involving square roots. They find the two consecutive numbers that an irrational number lies between by swinging the hypotenuse of a right triangle onto a number line.
- Have pupils check their answers using a calculator
- You will need to set up a free account with CK-12
- Individuals must have experience with the Pythagorean Theorem and with simplifying radicals
- Lets scholars visualize irrational numbers and square roots
- Colors help distinguish lengths of the triangle
- Linked article is not specifically about square roots