This Squirmin' Worms lesson plan also includes:
Wiggle your way through lab day! Young zoologists observe and infer the effects of different stimuli on earthworms during an engaging lab from the K20 series. Lab partners set up four different controlled environments, then record how the earthworms react to the changes around them.
- Have pupils perform one activity per day to better focus on each stimulus and behavior
- Ask groups to brainstorm other stimuli that could be safely tested using earthworms
- Perform the lesson after students have an understanding of earthworm anatomy
- Prepare several cold, wet paper towels to keep the earthworms comfortable throughout the week
- The lesson plan is very organized and contains everything needed for executing the activities
- Using the observable phenomenon of earthworms clumped in the middle of a road is a great hook!