This Stamp Stories of Westward Expansion activity & project also includes:
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
What a fantastic project idea for discussing not only the history of America's expansion into the West, but for reviewing any major unit of history in your class. Pupils build stamp collections to visually represent themes of the unit, and then compare and interpret their collections with those of their classmates.
- Review the meaning of theme with your class before beginning this project, and ensure that students do not simply design stamps to reflect a sequence of historical events
- While an engaging project idea with much potential, this resource does not include any worksheets or other materials to support the execution of the project. You will need to design any rubrics and student handouts
- Instructional sequence is well scaffolded and organized
- Includes quick five-step summary of the lesson plan