Take your class to the next level of star gazing and introduce them to star clusters with an entertaining video. The narrator explains the differences between open and globular star clusters. Pupils also discover the ages and orbiting patterns in different clusters as well as constellations that contain them.
- The resource makes a great starting point for a stargazing activity
- Ensure learners know where the clusters in the video are located in the night sky
- Expects prior knowledge of aging stars and star types
- Beautiful images spark interest in the topic
- The video includes a discussion of stars colliding and merging, using terms that students already know