This Star in a Box lesson plan also includes:
What happens to stars as they get older? A simulation takes pupils through the life cycle of stars based on their masses. The resource introduces the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram and the common relationships and life cycle patterns observed.
19 Views 19 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use a computer lab to have pupils complete the simulation independently
- Activity requires prior knowledge of what a star is, what hydrogen burning or fusion is, how to use and read graphs, and the life cycle of stars
- Use the included PowerPoint if scholars need a refresher on the life cycle of stars
- Simulation offers basic and advanced data analysis tables
- Controls are intuitive and directions clear