Star light, start bright! What do the brightness and color of stars tell us about the stars we see at night? Learners explore the life of stars with an information-packed video. Topics include the relationship between mass and temperature of a star, how astronomers use characteristics to classify them, and the scientists responsible for discovering the secrets of these fusion machines.
- Have class members create a graphic organizer to record information about star classification during the video
- Assign a research project where pupils pick a star and determine its distance from Earth, mass, location in the night sky, and classification using the HR diagram
- Scholars should have some prior knowledge of fusion as it relates to stars as well as the electromagnetic spectrum and spectroscopy
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Clearly defines and illustrates key terms and ideas within the resource
- The content is very technical, but the resource presents it in a simple, engaging manner