This Stars, Stripes and Symbols of America: Comparing Our Flag, Past and Present lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
Your young historians will compare and contrast the details of the American flag today with an an image of the nation's flag from the post-Civil War era, and identify the flag's importance as a national symbol through analysis worksheets and discussion.
- This is a perfect resource for observing Flag Day or the Fourth of July with your pupils
- As an extension activity, print the words to "The Star Spangled Banner" to have youngsters read, analyze, and recognize when it is played at future events
- Includes simple analysis worksheet for analyzing other major national symbols (American flag, Statue of Liberty, etc.)
- Links provided to images of several other primary sources for further analysis