This STEMonstrations: Solar Energy video also includes:
Astronauts would be lost without solar energy. A video lesson straight from the International Space Station describes how solar energy keeps the station running. Learners then complete an activity that explores the availability of solar energy where they live. The lesson is part of a larger STEM on Station series.
- Assign different locations to each group to create a unique exploration for each
- Expects a basic understanding of solar energy
- Provide pupils with devices with Internet access to use to complete the activity
- Provides a link to additional resources on the topic
- Includes a video to use as a motivational opener