This STEMonstrations: Spacewalk Part 1: Safety and Training video also includes:
What does it take to protect astronauts from the elements? Budding scientists watch an installment from the STEM on Station series to learn about the training procedures astronauts complete to prepare for space walks. The accompanying activity has learners investigate the protective materials astronauts wear on those space walks.
- Use provided resources to continue researching astronaut training procedures
- Activity requires a specific set of materials
- Expects experience with graphing bi-variate data
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary
- Provides questions for leading discussion