This Step 8: Talk It Up lesson plan also includes:
You have 30 seconds to sell your idea ... go! Scholars master the art of the elevator pitch in the eighth step of a 10-part series. They use research, practice, and step-by-step planning to gain a better understanding of the method. Using their knowledge, individuals create their own personal sales pitches.
- Begin the lesson with your own elevator speech to the class
- Incorporate a short video as a preview to the lesson: The Elevator Pitch
- Lesson is designed to take two class periods
- Some materials require a free iCivics account to access
- Resource provides printable worksheets for classroom use
- Lesson includes teacher answer keys