Out of 2,000 species of scorpions, fewer than 40 contain venom strong enough to kill a person. The video focuses on a highly dangerous scorpion and a mouse that has adapted a special protein to block the pain. Will the scorpion become more dangerous? Will the mouse take over the ecosystem? How will humans benefit?
- Discuss the applications for this knowledge in medicine
- Research the treatment for humans stung by this same scorpion
- Best fits when studying animal adaptations, predator versus prey relationships, and desert ecosystems
- Contains subtitles for English learners
- Provides links with more information on both species