This Stories That Formulas Tell activity & project also includes:
Learn the stories a formula holds. An interesting lesson takes a unique approach to teach how to use formulas. Beginning with a formula, learners predict what the variables stand for and then use the formula to make calculations and tell a story in an engaging algebra project.
- Have pupils write a summary to record as notes
- Differentiate by distributing the different problems to various groups
- Expects the background knowledge of evaluating expressions and formulas
- Provides teaching notes to help guide instruction
- Includes mathematical vocabulary instruction