"I was scared, pale, and senseless..." - Ernst Junger. Scholars analyze how the writings of one German soldier serve as a description for those who never saw the battlefields of the First World War. A short video clip of the firsthand accounts of Junger's life as a soldier in war that opened the door to a new genre of writing.
- Investigate other war stories from soldiers of World War I: German Soldier in WWI
- Have students create their own diary entries from a soldier's perspective in WWI
- Viewer discretion is advised for short video due to nature of lesson's material
- Final installment of a 32-part series
- Reading primary accounts of World War I out loud in the video clip assists audio learners
- Lesson includes primary source writings, photos and video clips from World War I