Why Lesson Planet?
Young meteorologists examine the four main types of weather fronts and how they appear on a weather map. Participants learn about the difference between the types of weather fronts along with their distinguishing features. A demonstration shows that air has mass that meteorologists can measure.
- Divide the class into small groups and have them develop weather reports based upon actual weather maps
- Create groups of four where each member researches one of the four front types and reports back to their group
- The class should have a basic understanding of air masses and pressure
- The fifth part of a 12-part series
- The resource provides an explanation of the symbols used in a weather map and associates them to the objectives of the lesson
- Includes suggestions on extension activities
- Does not provide much detail on how to present the information to the class