Starting at the very beginning may be a very good place to start, but it can also be very difficult for emergent writers. Help them get started by providing them with a setting, a main character, and a basic plot.
20 Views 13 Downloads
- Make multiple copies of the templates, enough for each class member
- Laminate the cards to permit reuse
- Begin by selecting one card from each pile and modeling how to combine these elements into a story
- Only 10 cards are provided for each element
- The prompts are engaging
- The cards can be shuffled and reused to produce different story starters