Can you use a solid to study fluid dynamics? You bet! Science scholars examine the process of fluidization with a video from an extensive physics playlist. The narrator demonstrates and explains how the uniform movement of air causes solid particulate matter to behave as a liquid.
- Incorporate the video into a states of matter unit or study of the behavior of fluids
- After the video, have the class research other solid materials that could also demonstrate the phenomenon
- Review the properties of solids, liquids, and gases prior to showing the video
- The design steps shown in the video are helpful for pupils to understand how troubleshooting works in an engineering situation
- Clearly expresses explanations of the principles behind the demonstration