What's around the block? Or down the street? Ask your pupils to tap into their map skills by drafting the area around their home and school.
276 Views 235 Downloads
- After they complete their maps, invite pupils to write a description of the area around their house using the correct prepositions
- Use these map drafts to inspire more detailed or to-scale works that you can put together into a collage or class neighborhood
- Walk students around the school and have them collaborate to create a classroom map of the area rather than focusing on their home neighborhoods
- Learners will need to know how to use a compass in order to successfully complete the assignment
- Includes a grid for drawing the map
- This fairly simple activity has a lot of potential for extension and adaptation