Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Pupils examine a stress-strain diagram that compares the advantages and disadvantages of the two common bridge building materials, concrete and steel. The also consider the factors that influence the materials builders choose for their bridges.
15 Views 12 Downloads CCSS: Designed NGSS: Designed
- Create a web quest to have the class find the information needed to meet the learning objectives
- Bring in pieces of concrete and steel that are about the same size to make comparisons between the two materials
- The class should have an understanding of the forces that affect the several bridge types
- The seventh installment in a series of 10
- The Strength of Materials Worksheet reinforces the vocabulary from the lesson and unit
- The lesson plan contains the details needed to meet the listed lesson objectives
- Does not cover the formulas used in the Strength of Materials Math Worksheet
- Strength of Materials Worksheet (PDF)
- Strength of Materials Worksheet (Doc)
- Strength of Materials Worksheet Answers (PDF)
- Strength of Materials Worksheet Answers (Doc)
- Strength of Materials Math Worksheet (PDF)
- Strength of Materials Math Worksheet (Doc)
- Strength of Materials Math Worksheet Answers (PDF)
- Strength of Materials Math Worksheet Answers (Doc)
- Graphics & Images