Why Lesson Planet?
Experience collecting rock samples using a robotic arm with an activity that has pairs work together to operate a robotic arm. One pupil serves as the eyes and the other operates the controller. The objective is to be the fastest pair to pick up a rock and move it to a predetermined location.
- While groups are waiting for their turn to operate the robotic arm, have them research the robotic arms that NASA currently uses
- The robotic arm should be set up in a location that is visible to the entire class
- Not all robotic arm controllers are the same; draw the controller for the arm you purchased
- The activity is fourth in a 13-part series
- The resource contains assessments for before, during, and after the activity
- Includes suggestions for making the task more challenging
- The robotic arm is expensive to purchase
- Several of the websites are no longer available