This Structure and Function of Cell Membranes lesson plan also includes:
Lead your high school class on an exploration inside the cell. Individuals investigate the relationships between cells structure and function given their relative locations on the cell membrane. They explore the concept of homeostasis and conduct experiments to simulate membrane permeability.
- Have each individual in the class research a dysfunction of the cell membrane and discuss in a class-wide setting
- Prepare sugar solutions before beginning the experiment
- Ensure no one ingests the solutions as these are not meant to be edible
- Information contained in the lessons thoroughly outlines objectives and provides the class with multiple ways of learning the material
- Allows for modification and differentiated instruction